You may be a member of any Jewish Denomination and be a part of Jewish Universalism. “JU” espouses SEVEN key doctrines:
- JU is founded on the core statement “Hear oh Israel (and Humankind), the Lord is G-d, the Lord is One.”
- JU believes the Torah is divinely inspired and is Holy.
- JU believes all paths to the divine are equally Holy and that one’s religion is not the sole and exclusive source of truth.
- JU believes Judaism is a constantly evolving spiritual practice.
- JU asserts that all people who follow the dictate to love your neighbor as yourself are “chosen.”
- JU embraces Interfaith Families and unconditionally welcomes all people to participate in our Jewish worship and rituals.
- JU honors our Jewish rituals, traditions, teachings and texts and seeks to repair the world, Tikkun Olam, through acts of loving kindness, G’milut Hasadim.
Our Rabbis subscribe to our doctrines. They welcome everyone to join their communities, and learn about and participate in our Jewish worship and rituals.